Monday, May 7, 2012

Do Not Disturb, (pretty please?)

I had one of those weekends where I couldn't seem to get anything done for myself. I kept getting caught up in family-ness. No big deal, I thought: I have Monday all to myself! But this morning after a fitful night of restless sleep, I woke up with lightening bolts flashing through my eyes and alarm-kat appeared to only have one eye. Drats! The dreaded migraine!

My man helped get our son to school and I hastily postponed my wrist therapy. I took meds, drank gallons of water, and went back to bed. Surely I'll be up tackling the world by noon!

Nope. My body has had it. I have done too much this last month, way too much. Time to stop and take it easy.

A couple years ago, I heard the fabulous Tranquilista Kimberly Wilson give a talk about living a more 'Tranquil' life. She suggested taking one day a month just for yourself and not getting out of bed. Today was that day for me. And even with my head pounding, it wasn't so bad. I'll just have to tackle the world tomorrow.
_________________________________________

***What's next?***

Doodlebugheart is hosting the super creative, ahh-mazing artist/teacher/guide Erin Faith Allen in New York!

Email us immediately for more info and to register: this class is filling up!

June 9 and 10, Saturday and Sunday, 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Larchmont, NY
Info@Doodlebugheart.com
1.855.687.3284 
(1-855.OUR DBUG)
$200

Erin Faith Allen ~ As an international mixed media art teacher, I act as a guide inward ~ to the innate creative genius spark that lies within every one of us.  An artist and empath, I experience the world on a supernatural level.  I make art to understand and process my self, life, and the planet I live on.  My work conveys the delicate dance between light and shadow, and I believe we must know our depths to know our heights: we must howl in wild stark exposure at the moon in order to know true bliss in the glow of sun. 
My artwork can be found on www.erinfaithallen.com
SOUL PORTRAIT EMPOWERMENT WORKSHOP 
Is your soul a stream of consciousness word parade that flows across your surface?  Does it swoosh in gentle abstract harmony, or blaze it’s way vibrantly across the page?  Have you ever created a piece of art with direct connection and intention to express this pure and unique essence of self?   In this soul-full hands-on collaging workshop we will dive into the depths of our very being, to find our own unique soul signature and express it through mixed media collage. 

The clarity of self-image will assist greatly in manifesting your dreams, desires, and circumstances that are your hearts desire.  To hold a self-created image of WHO YOU ARE is a talisman for growth, a gift that keeps on giving for years to come!  You will be given tools of self-awareness that can be utilized in your studio and career, to unleash your potential through this creative process at any time you need to connect with yourself for answers, guidance, or fun.

With guided visualizations, music, and stream of consciousness writing we will create at least one Soul Portrait, and as many as time allows! See some examples of Erin's work below:

by Erin Faith Allen
by Erin Faith Allen
by Erin Faith Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment