|Time looks drunk.|
Well, then I moved. And the tax deadline came and went. And it never once crossed my mind. Not even a little bit. Turns out, the tax people tend to not find that very endearing, so they sent a little reminder to Emily. Which she then sent to me.
Today is Thursday. Here are some things I have done today:
- taken the dog to the dog park
- taken the dog to the vet
- called to try to change my address with an organization
- written a thank you note
- cut apart wallet sized pictures of my kids' school photos
- written a note to my oldest daughter's preschool teacher from last year
- talked to my mom
- shopped for and bought 7 Christmas presents
- went to a consultation about laser hair removal
- checked the mail
- filed all my receipts
- called to make a doctor's appointment
- cleaned out my address book
- washed, dried, folded one load of my laundry
- washed, dried, folded one load of the kids' laundry
- went out to lunch
- wrapped 3 Christmas presents
- written this blog post
Things I have not done today:
I have at last discovered the key to my own productivity: taxes. More specifically, procrasinating on my taxes. Some of those things above have been on my to-do list for months. So, apparently the best motivation for tackling an ornery to-do list is have an even more ornery task that I want to avoid.
Not to worry, I will still get those taxes done -- although it will have to be after the girls are in bed tonight. But I will get them done. Just as soon as I make dinner and wash the dishes and.........