Thursday, September 27, 2012

Overheard

by Deborah



**Passing a mom and her pre-schooler as they walked through the busy preschool parking lot:

"Mom, know what I'm going to do once I turn five?"
"No, what?"
Proudly, "I'm going to punch your lights out!"
Gasp, followed by a red face, followed by the barely audible mutter,
"No, that's what I'm going to do to your father when he gets home."


**Sitting near a table of young college students:

"What's your roommate's name?"
"Blanche."
"Blanche!  That's so pretty and unusual!  I love that!  I'm going to name my daughter that someday."
Pause.
"Or maybe just my next lizard."


**Youngest pointing to my Oldest's ankle:

"What's that?"
Oldest, struggling momentarily to remember the correct term, answers authoritatively,
"That's my foot wrist."


Sometimes, if you listen closely enough, there's a giggle waiting for you.  Some people call it eavesdropping.  I call it paying attention to life's little absurdities.  Share some of your favorites with us!

________________________
***What's new?***

Join us Sunday, October 21, from 2:00-5:00 p.m. for our monthly Gather & Giggle crafting date. We'll explore visual journaling (as always), but if you have your own craft, bring it!

Suggested donation of $10 at the door, though if it's your first time, please be our guest!
Email for details: Info@Doodlebugheart.com or at Meetup.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment