Monday, October 1, 2012

It was. A Great. Day.

I know. I'm grinning from ear to ear. And that's me trying not to smile too much.

That's from last Saturday -- my first art sale at the Larchmont Arts Festival. Before that, I was a total wreck! My stomach was a mess, I was sweating, I thought I was going to throw up. The worst stage fright. But I loaded up my car, picked up my wingman Kelly Collet, and away we went. We set everything up, praying it wouldn't rain. My hope for my cute little bulldog clips to hold the pieces fell through, but I had back up sticky squares that saved the day.

People started coming. I couldn't believe it.
My first sale (above) was for a custom-sized piece. I didn't know what I was doing -- didn't charge for shipping, not sure I even gave them a receipt! -- just filled out the form in amazement and started smiling!

Friends came. Family came. People I didn't even know stopped by, gave support, bought prints and originals, and ate the chocolate I'd put out as {yet another} back-up.

Kelly The Most Amazing Wingman helped replenish and shuffle things around. My husband brought sandwiches and chips and cookies for our stamina and strategically placed bookmarks so visitors could see my work's evolution. My son even came by with comedic relief!

At the end of the day, I realized I hadn't seen any of the other artists -- I'd been too busy. So I ran up to check out some jewelry and fell in love with Bridget's Gems and EllynMurphy.com's handmade jewelry. My neighbor there was a real-life neighbor I hadn't met -- Donna Lehman Scarpa -- beautiful paintings.  I even made a friend or two for Doodlebugheart! You can see some big picture shots of other artists and the event on The Loop.

It was. A Great. Day. How I wish you'd been there.
_______________________
***What's next?***

Join us Sunday, October 21, from 2:00-5:00 p.m. for our monthly Gather & Giggle crafting date. We'll explore visual journaling (as always), but if you have your own craft, bring it!

Suggested donation of $10 at the door, though if it's your first time, please be our guest!
Email for details: Info@Doodlebugheart.com or at Meetup.com 

2 comments: