Monday, January 2, 2012

A Year of Potential

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential.
~Ellen Goodman~


Where is your 'potential'?

I've got it in spades, but for the coming year, I'm thinking specifically about forgiveness.. to myself first. That may sound selfish, but along the lines of only being able to love others if you love yourself first, I've become increasingly aware of how hard I am on myself,... and others. And there is little joy in judgement. Especially harsh judgement.

Loss of joy brings a nasty sense of dread -- foreboding, really: fear, fear, and more fear. I'm not interested in living my life in anticipation of pain, I'd rather live it wide open, vulnerable, and unfurled.

So I'm going to *practice* this year, living my life a little less harsh on myself, a little more forgiving. Plenty of 'potential' there.
____________________
What's next?

*Come Gather & Giggle this January, 29, 2012, from 2:00 - 5:00 at: Ridgewood Chamber of Commerce, 27 Chestnut Street, Suite 1B, 1st Floor, Ridgewood, NJ 07450. We'll make Valentine's Day cards (cuz it's almost time!). We'd *love* to see you, so make a reservation. $10 at the door.

*Wishing Well Weekend Workshop! March 2-5, 2012

We women are always in transition! We move, get married, divorced, a raise children, switch jobs. Transitions of any kind -- even good ones! -- can leave us feeling a little lost, alone, and unsure about what to do next. We're here to help.

Our fun, creative exercises will help you reveal *your own* answers and insights. Beginners to professionals welcome: no crafting experience necessary! Space is limited; register (here) early!

***Special offer for the first 4 paid registrants: a free 5 x7 print of your choice from the Ruby Shea Etsy shop.
***See "What's New" page for information about a scholarship.

No comments:

Post a Comment