Monday, November 19, 2012

oh, Renegade, I love you.

     ~Emily Cline
Renegade Brooklyn Holiday Craft Fair 2012 ROCKED!

Passing through the gates by the Brooklyn waterfront last Saturday, I came upon massive graffiti chalk boards. This one stood with the NYC skyline in the background -- that's the Chrysler Building's tower poking up on the left!
Guestbook chalk boards provided by ChalkboardT-Shirt.com
Eager shoppers and interested crafters crowding the chilly isles.
My first stop was the Renegade Crew's welcome table, where I quickly snatched up stamps to make holiday cards. 
Then I went straight to the Yellow Owl Workshop table to try my hand at making my own wrapping paper. 
Ahem. Somebody was hogging all the stamp pads.
On down the isles full of jewelry, knitting, tee-shirts, art pieces, leather goods, pillows, clocks -- you name it -- all handmade or vintage.


Loved the look of this display -- easy, pretty, and vintage!
See more at: http://papertique.etsy.com
At the end of the first long white tent were two tables hosting a free DIY for paint that works on glass, fabric, and porcelain.
Art for all ages!
The paints come in pens or bottles.
The mood at the Pebeo paint (available at Blicks) tables was exactly like our Gather and Giggle events: free play! I decided right then that I will not only be showing my art at the next Renegade Fair, I will also put up tables for Renegaders to experiment with our toys!

At the end of a long day, my feet hurt and my hands were cold. But I scored! My holiday shopping is half-way done! (*Spoiler alert -- there are some gifts nestled in the coming photos!)
Super cute bling bracelet from Lily Dawson Designs!
I swooned for this edgy jewelry from Mikinora -- hint, hint honey!
The black heart chalkboard tee from ChalkboardT-Shirt.com can be written on and erased as many times as you want!  It comes with chalk in a matchbox, which can be stored in the little label on the front. 
Loved the little baggies printed by Pamela Barsky and Awesome sticker!
Scrabble board letters made big for coasters? Yes, please!
They also make interesting prints and paper goods: www.YardSalePress.com
Shhh: this vintage heart necklace and monogrammed signet ring are gifts from D'Ament Jewelry.
My son received a similar print from his Grandpa last year. So we'll give this one to his girlfriend this year!
By Leroy's Place, New York, NY; or on his Etsy site.
My stash!
What holiday shopping is complete with out goodies for yourself? I mentioned the tent was cold: I bought the alpaca warmers on the left so I could feel my fingers again; from Knitting Peace. Sonia Gallardo's designs are made by incarcerated women in Boliva who are trying to provide for their children. The red with white chevron scarf is from Little Minnow Designs, a Texas designer I've followed on Etsy for a few years now. Sooo soft!

I have only mentioned a few of the amazing crafters I met in my day at Renegade. Everyone I met has that Do-Your-Thing-No-Matter-How-Silly-Weird-or-Little-It-May-Seem inspiring way about themselves. They shine a light in my life.
The votive I painted at Renegade Craft Fair, Brooklyn 2012.
______________________
***What's next?***

Join us Tuesday, December 11, from 7:00-10:00 p.m. for our monthly crafting date. We'll make holiday cards, explore visual journaling, and as always, if you have your own craft or hobby, bring it! There will be festive refreshments, too!

Suggested donation of $10 at the door, though if it's your first time, please be our guest!
Email for details: Info@Doodlebugheart.com or at Meetup.com 


2 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I will have to try to get up there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! If you come, lemme know. I could help with logistics -- at the very least I'd love to meet you! ~Emily

    ReplyDelete