Monday, July 30, 2012

Feelin' Fuzzy

~ by Emily Cline ~

I'm having one of those fuzzy days. My mind is so far away.
I want to be with friends that aren't near me.
Friends I'm thinking about.
Friends I want to comfort.
Friends I miss.
Friends who hold so much space in my heart we are sisters.

Years ago, I didn't really know how to be a friend. To be honest, I felt different and isolated -- don't most of us? -- and only took care of myself. I was totally independent. I admire that in people now; it's something I'm not very good at anymore. Now I'm not dependent, but as I read in Orly Avineri's book, "One Artist Journal" (which I'll post about later) I'm feeling interdependent. She calls it "... a devotion to ... take care of our individual needs and the needs of others as far from us as they may be."

I will do the things I need to do to take care of myself today: eat healthy, have my juice, do some art, and do my (dreaded) exercise. But my desire to care for and be with my sisters is overwhelming.

I just feel fuzzy.
_________________________

***What's next?***
Gather & Giggle! Join us Friday, August 24, from 7:30-10:00 p.m. for our monthly crafting date. Suggested donation of $10 at the door, though if it's your first time, please be our guest!
We're joining the fabulous Etsy crew's suggestion in their nation-wide craft party! We'll make postcards with the "Wish You Were Here" theme!
Email for details: Info@Doodlebugheart.com or at Meetup.com 

Also, you can see a couple photos of our handmade Travel Journals from our July Gather & Giggle *here*! Many thanks to Lisa Sonora Beam for the inspiration and to the ladies who came and played!

No comments:

Post a Comment